Our staff provides a wide range of professional training and other educational opportunities for interested groups on child sexual abuse recognition and prevention, mandated reporting, and Pat’s Place program services. If you work for a school, daycare, after-school program, church, or any organization serving children, let us help you train your staff and volunteers. Training and curriculum options include:
For adults committed to protecting children:
- Protecting Children Virtual Training – Pat’s Place now offers a free, online training about recognizing and responding to child abuse. This 35-minute training video is designed for parents, youth-serving organizations, professionals working with children, and concerned citizens who want to learn how to protect children. At the conclusion of the training, participants will take a brief, 5-question quiz to receive their personalized training certificate.
- Pat’s Place Child Advocacy Center Overview – an overview of Pat’s Place history and services and the benefits of the child advocacy center model.
- Child Abuse and Response – An overview of the different types of child maltreatment, signs and symptoms of child maltreatment, appropriate response to suspicion or disclosure of abuse, NC mandatory reporting laws, and strategies to keep kids safe.
- Coffee and Conversations – Pat’s Place offers informational Zoom sessions covering topics like how YOU can help stop child abuse and busting myths about human trafficking.
- Darkness to Light’s Stewards of Children® (SOC) – nationally recognized, evidence informed training proven to increase knowledge of child sexual abuse and change child protective behaviors using 5 simple steps. Continuing education contact hours available for social workers, child care providers, and nurses. Continuing Legal Education (CLE) contact hours may also be offered.
- Darkness to Light’s Supplemental Modules – a closer look at 4 topic areas. Each training topic is 1 hour.
– Talking with Children about Safety from Sexual Abuse
– Healthy Touch for Children and Youth
– Bystanders Protecting Children from Boundary Violations and Sexual Abuse
– Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children
- Human Trafficking – overview of human trafficking in its various forms and includes information about statistics, common myths, risk factors, red flags, reporting, and how to be a part of the solution. Training for professionals working with youth and community members.
- MBF Child Safety Matters® – a comprehensive, evidence-based prevention education program for elementary school students in grades K-5. The program teaches students and adults how to prevent, recognize, and respond appropriately to the four types of child abuse (physical, emotional, sexual, neglect), bullying, cyberbullying, and digital dangers. The program requires minimal classroom time, it is age and developmentally appropriate, and it is easy to present with turnkey, scripted lessons. Pat’s Place covers the cost of the program for participating schools.
For more information, or to discuss other potential training opportunities, contact Shawna Pagano at email@example.com or 704-347-9321.