Our staff provides a wide range of professional training and other educational opportunities for interested groups on child sexual abuse recognition and prevention, mandated reporting, and Pat’s Place program services. If you work for a school, daycare, after-school program, church, or any organization serving children, let us help you train your staff and volunteers.
Topics are varied and may include the following:
- CAC 101 – overview of the child advocacy center model and specific services provided by Pat’s Place.
- Child Abuse: Prevention, Recognition and Response – overview of child maltreatment, including identification, responding and reporting, as well as strategies for prevention.
- Darkness to Light’s Stewards of Children® (SOC) – nationally recognized, evidence informed training proven to increase knowledge of child sexual abuse and change child protective behaviors using 5 simple steps. Continuing education contact hours available for social workers, child care providers, and nurses. Continuing Legal Education (CLE) contact hours may also be offered.
- Supplemental Modules by Darkness to Light – more in-depth information in four topic areas covered by Stewards of Children.
– Talking with Children about Safety from Sexual Abuse
– Healthy Touch for Children and Youth
– Bystanders Protecting Children from Boundary Violations and Sexual Abuse
– Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children
- Prevention, Recognition and Response: A Review – designed to provide a review of the key elements of the SOC training for individuals who have completed SOC within the past 3 years.
- Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse within Organizations: Policies and Practice – based on CDC recommendations for best practices for youth serving organizations. Pat’s Place can also provide consultation to individual youth serving organizations to support efforts to develop or strengthen policies and practices to enhance child protection.
For more information, or to discuss other potential training opportunities, contact Pat’s Place Child Advocacy Center at 704-335-2760.