Rules for Internet Safety
- Use router parental controls to establish limits for which sites/apps children may visit, and for how long.
- Never communicate with strangers online.
- Youth should not use phones in the bedroom or bathroom.
- Don’t share personal information online, including while gaming.
- Youth should not talk to someone across multiple platforms (ex. moving conversations from Instagram to Snapchat).
- Parents should monitor and limit internet usage.
- Make all social media accounts private.
- Youth should never meet someone in person they first met online.