Help Us, Help Them
Pat’s Place Child Advocacy Center relies on the generosity of our friends and neighbors to provide children the tools they need to start on a successful path to recovery from abuse and trauma. Thanks to generous organizations and individuals like you, Pat’s Place is able to provide all direct services at no cost to a child’s family. That means that cost never gets in the way of the healing services that children need, whether they visit the center once for their initial investigation of abuse, or every week for a year of therapy.
You make it possible for children and families to get the vital support and resources they need to heal. Thank you for making a profound difference in the lives of children in our community.
How does your contribution make a difference?
Pat’s Place is proud to adhere to the Association of Fundraising Professionals’ Donor Bill of Rights. Gifts to PPCAC are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.
Your financial contribution will support programs and services that protect children and help them heal. A gift of any size makes a profound difference in the lives of the children we serve. Thank you for believing in us!
If you prefer to mail your donation, you may fill out this form and send your check (made payable to Pat’s Place) or credit card information to:Lori Avery, Chief Development Officer
Pat’s Place Child Advocacy Center
901 East Boulevard
Charlotte, NC 28203
Benefits of Giving a Gift of Stock/Securities
You will not be required to pay capital gains tax on the stock you donate.Your gift of securities entitles you to a federal charitable income tax deduction.If you are giving a gift of appreciated securities and have owned them more than one year, you are allowed to deduct the full fair market value of your gift.
To help you facilitate a gift of stock, please use the following instructions. If you have a specific question, please contact us at (704) 335-2760.
Step 1 – Initiate Transfer
- Authorize your stock broker or your bank to complete the transfer process. There are two common methods of gifting securities to Pat’s Place Child Advocacy Center. The first is electronic transfer through which your broker can transfer shares using the Pat’s Place DTC number. The other is physically mailing the paper certificates to Pat’s Place. Either method is acceptable, but is necessary for you to contact your broker to initiate the transfer.
- Account Name: Pat’s Place Child Advocacy Center
- Account Number: 5206-7406
- DCT Number: 0141
- Clearing Broker: Wells Fargo
- Reference: (Your/Donor’s name)
Step 2 – Notify Pat’s Place Child Advocacy Center
- Instruct your broker/bank to call Pat’s Place at (704) 335-2760.
By including Pat’s Place in your estate plans, you can ensure that our services and programs will continue to provide hope and healing to children and their families throughout Mecklenburg County for years to come. To learn more about planned giving options, such as including Pat’s Place in your will or naming Pat’s Place as a beneficiary of your life insurance policy or IRA, contact your financial advisor to seek the best options for your personal portfolio. For further information, email Lori Avery.
Many employers will match charitable contributions made by their employees, their employee’s spouses, retirees, and board members. An employer’s match can potentially double or triple your contribution in support of Pat’s Place. The process is simple – complete the appropriate application on your employer’s website or the standard matching gift form from your employer and mail it along with your gift. Contact your Human Resources Department directly in order to find out if your employer has a matching gift program.
Click here to review a list of companies who have matching gift programs.
Pat’s Place is grateful for in-kind donations that can be used to support children receiving services at the Center.
We have an ongoing need for bottled water, healthy snacks, grocery store gift cards ($25 and $50), and general office supplies. We accept in-kind donations during regular business hours – Monday through Friday, 8:00 to 5:00 p.m. Arrangements can also be made to have items picked up from your home or office.
You may also view our Amazon Wish List and ship items directly to Pat’s Place.
Your contribution as a monthly donor is more impactful than you know! Impact Partners are donors who have made the switch from a one-time gift to a recurring gift. Monthly giving guarantees our ongoing efforts to ensure every child and family that comes to Pat’s Place gets the help they deserve.
In the way that best fits YOU, your sustained giving grants you the opportunity to be a part of a community that understands the importance of advocating for the children who have experienced abuse.
- $10/month ($120/year) Provides snacks for all children and caregivers in support of the Response Services team.
Benefits: welcome letter, quarterly newsletter
- $15/month ($180/year) Provides books for our Free Little Library filled with educational materials.
Benefits: welcome letter, quarterly newsletter, invitation for private tour
- $20/month ($240/year) Provides court support and transportation for a child and their family.
Benefits: welcome letter, quarterly newsletter, 1 ticket to the event of your choice and accompanying sponsor benefits
- $25/month ($300/year) Provides an hour of interpreting support for 1 client interview.
Benefits: welcome letter, quarterly newsletter, 2 tickets to the event of your choice and accompanying sponsor benefits
- $50/month ($600/year) Provides one year of Trauma-Informed Care and Human Trafficking Educational courses in a CMS school.
Benefits: welcome letter, quarterly newsletter, 3 tickets to the event of your choice and accompanying sponsor benefits
- $100/month ($1,200/year) Provides a professional development training session for a CHAT Collaborative provider.
Benefits: welcome letter, quarterly newsletter, entrance into the exclusive Circle of Friends giving society, 4 tickets to the event of your choice and accompanying sponsor benefits
For more information, contact Elisia McKnight
Solicitation License Statement
Financial information about this organization and a copy of its license are available from the State Solicitation Licensing Branch at (919) 807-2214. The license is not an endorsement of the state.