Benefits of Giving a Gift of Stock/Securities
You will not be required to pay capital gains tax on the stock you donate.Your gift of securities entitles you to a federal charitable income tax deduction.If you are giving a gift of appreciated securities and have owned them more than one year, you are allowed to deduct the full fair market value of your gift.
To help you facilitate a gift of stock, please use the following instructions. If you have a specific question, please contact us at (704) 335-2760.
Step 1 – Initiate Transfer
- Authorize your stock broker or your bank to complete the transfer process. There are two common methods of gifting securities to Pat’s Place Child Advocacy Center. The first is electronic transfer through which your broker can transfer shares using the Pat’s Place DTC number. The other is physically mailing the paper certificates to Pat’s Place. Either method is acceptable, but is necessary for you to contact your broker to initiate the transfer.
- Account Name: Pat’s Place Child Advocacy Center
- Account Number: 5206-7406
- DCT Number: 0141
- Clearing Broker: Wells Fargo
- Reference: (Your/Donor’s name)
Step 2 – Notify Pat’s Place Child Advocacy Center
- Instruct your broker/bank to call Pat’s Place at (704) 335-2760.